Total Time: 30 minutes/Yields 4
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 2 tablespoons ghee, divided
- 12 ounces sliced Honeycrisp apple (1 large apple)
- 1/3 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high. Set the oven rack on the middle shelf.
Combine sprouts, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; toss to coat. Arrange sprouts in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 12 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add to pan. Cook 3 minutes. Turn; cook 2 minutes or until done. Transfer pork to a plate.
Add 1 tablespoon ghee and apple to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add stock and nutmeg; bring mixture to a boil. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1 tablespoon ghee, syrup, Dijon mustard, and parsley; cook 1 minute. Divide chops among 4 plates; top evenly with apple mixture. Serve with sprouts.