Total Time: 15 minutes/Yields 4
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey, divided
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 4 medium golden beets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups torn stemmed Lacinato or curly kale
- 2 (6-ounce) cans pink or red skinless, boneless salmon, drained and flaked (such as Wild Planet)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
How to Make It
Bring 2/3 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup water, and 2 teaspoons honey to a boil in a small saucepan. Add onion; boil 1 minute. Remove pan from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain.
Pierce beets a few times with a knife; wrap in a large piece of microwave-safe parchment paper. Microwave at HIGH 7 minutes or until tender. Rub off skins with a paper towel. Halve beets; cut into wedges.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon honey, oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add beets and kale; toss to coat. Place about 1 1/2 cups kale mixture on each of 4 plates; top each with 3 ounces salmon, about 1/4 cup onion, and 1 tablespoon almonds.
- Calories 355
- Fat 15.5g
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugars 13g