- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 beef flat iron steak or top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Crumbled blue cheese and additional pepper, optional
- For dressing, whisk together first six ingredients. Place steak and 1/4 cup dressing in a resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Reserve remaining dressing; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 160°), 6-8 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, divide salad greens among four plates. Top with steak, tomatoes, radishes and avocado; sprinkle with cranberries and, if desired, cheese and pepper. Serve with reserved dressing.
1 serving: 321 calories